Tuesday 27 October 2009

Even more in October...

It's in his kiss by Julia Quinn
It's Hyacinth's turn this time and although I can only vaguely remember her appearing fleetingly in The Duke and I, I found her a fab character! Less self absorbed than Francesca, less abrasive than Eloise and with a bit of a wild streak! She falls for Gareth - another rake, with an awful "father" and an interesting family history. They fall for each other to their surprise and it's another happy ending. More of the same but great fun and a light romantic read!

Beautiful People by Wendy Holden
I was really hopeful about this - I usually love this author and have read many of them on a beach and had a good giggle...however, with this I was disappointed...and I really did want to like it! It's too long and would have been better if edited more fiercely. Although the characters all interlink, many are either uninteresting or too much of an evil caricature. Shame, but one of my don't bothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment