Sunday 21 March 2010

The Urge to Jump by Trisha Ashley

***
Sappho is almost 40 and feels life is slipping away…she’s managed most things in life except motherhood and is looking for potential fathers and Nye, a local potter has the most potential.
As I said in an earlier post I’m chasing “older” books by this author and again managed to get a RiSi swap again. I feel slightly guilty rating a favourite author only three stars but unfortunately I found the whole plot difficult to get into and most importantly I didn’t warm to Sappho. Like in Singled Out, our heroine is an author, this time of fantasy fiction and likewise she’s older than the usual chick-lit type and has a tendency to wander off alone in the middle of the night. Nye is predictably grouchy but devastatingly handsome but the whole thing just didn’t work for me. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment