Sunday 22 January 2012

In my mailbox...

This is my third IMM so far and despite my good intentions, (oops, I did it again) I've bought more books!  I'm currently buying far faster than I'm reading, which is a bit of an issue!



I've finally given in and decided I need to see what all the fuss is about A Discovery of Witches.  Reading some reviews on Amazon and goodreads it looks as if it's a marmite book and I always feel I need to make my own decision!  I was tempted to go for the audio version as I have a couple of credits available, but wasn't convinced I could stand several hours of the narrator if the sample was anything to go by...shame really, but liking a narrator is such a personal thing!  Hope to read it fairly soon, as I'm definitely behind the queue with this one!
Becoming Jane Eyre has been a constant feature on my Amazon recommendations for a while and I finally decided to go for it.  Bronte fans should look away now... I don't love Jane Eyre but I do love the melodramatic madness of Wuthering Heights, so I have good hopes for this one.  Sadly being made to force-read Jane Eyre and Wide Sargasso Sea for A level sort of killed it for me and the TV adaptations have never convinced me otherwise.
The other two are ready and waiting for my kindle (The Mysterious Death of Miss Austen and Season of Storms) - Susanna Kearsley is a bit of a no-brainer as I've enjoyed her other stuff and other one fulfils my austenesque urges (again!)
Catch you soon - happy reading!

2 comments: