Monday 13 February 2012

In my mailbox...half term treats!


So here's my latest buys this week and as it's half term holidays and I've been a bit like a child in the sweetie shop, I'm already read one and am well into the second! Reviews will come soon, I promise.
The Christina Jones choice is one of her "magical" novels that I somehow missed.  I realised when I was about to start the one I bought last week - Never can Say Goodbye - and so bought this one quickly to catch up!
The India Black books came after looking for ages for something in the same vein as the Lady Julia Grey and Amelia Peabody books, as they have left a huge hole and sadly the authors just can't produce them quickly enough!  A Victorian madam is an unusual premise, but I'm willing to give it a go!  Just finished the first one...and loved it!

So happy reading, and happy hols to all the teachers out there - it was sooo nice not to get the Sunday night glums yesterday!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh you do have some treats there.

    I loved the India Black books, and although I have not read that particular Christina Jones, I do love her writing.

    enjoy ,
    carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol.
      Just about to start the second India Black! have high hopes!

      Julie :)

      Delete