Sunday 23 March 2014

Day 13 - Favourite Writer

There's several possibilities for today's challenge, and many have already been mentioned.
If going for a classic angle, it'd predictably be Jane Austen.  If going modern then I love Elizabeth Peters (already done!) or my romcom favourites (mentioned in Day 5).  But if it's down the author that I've read most books from and I'm still buying them, it has to be (small drum roll, please)...
Terry Pratchett.


I've read everything he done, including the ones for children/ young adults and the man is brilliant!  Not only is he an amazing author, his ongoing work on raising awareness and challenging perceptions about Alzheimer's disease has been inspirational.

I was introduced to his work by a someone at college and although that we quickly lost touch, the one useful remaining aspect of the friendship was the Discworld books.  I didn't even know fantasy books existed until then!
They're all witty, clever, completely bonkers and they make me laugh!  A lot!
I particularly love the witches, Esme Weatherwax is my role model for when I get older and I believe that one of my very good friends is well on the way to becoming Nanny Ogg.  I'm also a huge fan of Death and his take on humanity.
If you've never read them, you should.  If you don't get them, then that's a shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment