Thursday 27 March 2014

Day 17 - Favourite Quote From Your Favourite Book

So, I'm well over half way through the challenge now...feeling pretty smug that I've managed to say something every day!
But...I think I'm going to have to cheat a little on this one.  Firstly, because I haven't decided on my all time favourite book, so I can't pick a quote from it, yet.  I also put in my favourite quote from Persuasion when choosing my favourite classic book.
So, here's a few of my favourite quotes from some of my favourite authors and I hope you will be kind enough to allow me to fudge the challenge today.

The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid.
Jane Austen

A large income is the best recipe for hapiness I ever heard of.
Jane Austen

“My idea of good company...is the company of clever, well-informed people, who have a great deal of conversation; that is what I call good company.”
“You are mistaken,” said he gently, “that is not good company, that is the best.”
Jane Austen

He never went out without a book under his arm, and he often came back with two.
Victor Hugo

It looked like the sort of book described in library catalogues as "slightly foxed", although it would be more honest to admit that it looked as though it had been badgered, wolved and possibly beared as well. -- Ah, but has it been hedgehogged?
Terry Prachett

"It would seem that you have no useful skill or talent whatsoever," he said.  "Have you thought of going into teaching?"
Death's face was a mask of terror.  Well it was always a mask of terror, but this time he meant it to be.
Terry Pratchett

It is difficult to be angry with a gentleman who pays you compliments, even impertinent compliments.  Especially impertinent compliments.

Elizabeth Peters

No comments:

Post a Comment