Wednesday 12 March 2014

Day 2 - Book You've Read More Than Three Times

Ooo difficult...in the past I was a bit of a habitual re-reader and even now there's several favourites that I go back to as a comfort read.  There's also been times when due to lack of cash to buy new fiction and limited access/availability from the library that I re-read purely as I had to read something rather than nothing! 
There's also the dilemma of my childhood reads, is it still usual for kids to re-read their favourites?  The older children at school don't seem to do so now but then there's all the technological distractions that are available.  I know I sound ancient, but as an only child with few children of my age living nearby and only 3 TV channels showing very limited kids programmes (and no daytime TV at all!) you read or got very bored, very quickly!!

So what have I read multiple times?
Removing children's books, which come on a different day.  There's everything by Jane Austen and Terry Pratchett; all the Amelia Peabody series and all the Harry Potters. (I count these as I read them as an adult, is that cheating?)  I adore Remains of the Day and have revisited it several times and as always although the film was beautifully acted I still prefer the book. 1984 is also on the list, I read it first to be clever and then realised how brilliant it was...long time since I last looked at it though.  
On a lighter note I have read several Jilly Cooper's many times, particularly Riders which was educational and possibly instructional and kept me occupied through a damp boating holiday on the Norfolk Broads. 

So I can't really say simply one book I've read more than three times...there's just too many!  Hope that's not too much of a cop out.

No comments:

Post a Comment