Sunday 30 March 2014

Day 20 - Book That Makes You Laugh Out Loud

Today's choices are:

James Herriot Vet series - There's just so many bizarre situations throughout these books, I defy anyone not to laugh!
Bridget Jones' Diary - only the first one and only the first time I read it, but it was different to most chick-lit at that time.
Good Omens - haven't read it in years, but remember annoying people around me by sniggering.
The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole - another one that was of it's time, and it didn't stand a re-read when I was in my thirties, but I first read it at a similar age to "Adrian" and all his trauma's resonated.  
The Wee Free Men - I love the Mac Nac Feegles!


But my overall winner is...

Mort by Terry Pratchett.  I was forced to listen to a friend at college giggle her way through this and it seemed to take her ages to pass it on so I could see what the fuss was about.  However, when I finally got it off her, I laughed throughout too and ended up buying my own copy, which was unusual as a poverty stricken student who spent any spare cash in the pub not the bookshop!





No comments:

Post a Comment