Thursday 8 January 2015

The Book of Lost and Found by Lucy Foley

*****

A gorgeous book, (both in writing and presentation) I loved it!  

After the death of her beloved mother and grandmother, Kate is alone and bereft but has the opportunity find her unknown family through a  sketch of a beautiful woman who closely resembles her mother, but was clearly from an earlier time.  Travelling to Corsica, Paris and New York she uncovers the dramatic love story of Tom and Alice and the consequences of decisions made in difficult times, where happy endings are elusive.   

It’s a sweeping romance that moves backwards and forwards in time, beginning with the carefree, halcyon days of the roaring twenties, through occupied Paris and beyond. Beautifully written I was totally drawn into the story and couldn't put it down.  I can't say enough about this book, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone...so all I shall say is it's a fabulous first novel from Lucy Foley that you must read! 

Due to be published 15th January 2015.  Thank you to lovereading and Harper for my review copy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment